Floods can cause serious damage to your property. Furniture, upholstery, carpets, etc. Cleaning the carpet is the first step when a flood strikes your property. Detailed information is needed to assess the extent of the disaster. Wet carpet drying Melbourne is no easy task. The first thing that comes to mind is carpet damage, especially if there is flood damage, and so on. Therefore, when cleaning carpets with either a final cleaner or a professional cleaner, immediate attention should be paid to mitigating water damage. If your valuable property does not dry within 24 to 48 hours, residual moisture will grow mould.
It feels like a living nightmare, doesn’t it? Waiting until you catch any health problems like asthma (and other respiratory illnesses) is really not a good choice. Therefore, it is very important to treat the damaged area as soon as possible.
If you are looking for tips to follow for water damage, then you are in the right place. This is a list of what you need to do to minimize the damage caused by floods and mould growth.
- Move all furniture to another location (dry) in the room to prevent further absorption damage.
- Check the water source to see if it contains sewage. If not, you are lucky! Remove all but the last molecule of standing water and vacuum the carpet. If this is too difficult for you, please contact a professional flood carpet cleaning service. We recommend using a
- A certified cleaner has all the equipment, knowledge and experience needed to perform the task in the correct way. Without prior knowledge, you can do more harm than good! Wet your hands before the cleaner arrives. Remove as much water as possible with the rags and turn on the fan / dehumidifier for maximum drying effect.
- The final step is to disinfect all exposed surfaces after leaving the cleaner. If your carpet is in the worst condition that can’t be restored then it’s better to invest in a new carpet rather than spending on carpet cleaning services. There are other aspects to consider, such as underfloor construction, furniture, and interior decoration.
- In the case of flooring, it could have been badly hit too. Marble floors, on the other hand, can be very slippery, so run the dehumidifier non-stop for a day or two to completely absorb the moisture. Also, be aware that some places that are already thriving may also have mould! Another aspect to note is the degree of leakage. If the gutters are overflowing, check that they are not clogged. Use sheet protection instead! If the roof is defective, contact the roofer as soon as possible.
Flood conditions can have a devastating impact on homeowners and tenants. It will have a serious impact on your existing lifestyle. Cleaning a carpet damaged by water is just the beginning. There are many tasks to perform, such as checking power lines, gas pipes, garage mats, attic carpets, and more. So, take these tips very seriously before your life is upside down. Consult total flood damage Melbourne for the high-quality wet carpet drying Melbourne services.