Water spills in the home are a severe problem because they lead to the growth of mould spores and mildew. You should contact a professional Water damage Melbourne wide expert right once since the longer your carpet is wet, the more likely it is to be damaged. Additionally, the damp smell from the wet carpet will make it difficult for elderly and asthmatic patients to breathe properly. Furthermore, the severity of the situation varies based on the amount of water present, and you may need to move quickly to begin the restoration process in your home.
Defining the scope of work
When you entrust your property to the experts of water damage Melbourne service, you can be sure that they will carry out all necessary works in one visit. This is because they have a well-defined scope of work that ensures they do not leave any stone unturned when it comes to restoring your home’s value and safety. The following are some of the things they will do during their visit:
- Preventing mould growth by removing excess water from your premises and drying areas thoroughly before ventilating them
- Sanitising and deodorising areas affected by floodwater or other sources of moisture
- Monitoring for signs of recurrence as well as mould growth
Excess water extraction
If you are experiencing a flood or water damage in your home, it’s important to remove excess water as quickly as possible. To do this:
- Turn off the power and gas supply to prevent further damage from occurring
- Remove excess furniture and equipment from the area of water damage
- Use a wet/dry vacuum cleaner to extract as much moisture as possible. If you don’t have one of these, use a shop vac instead
- If there’s still standing water after using a wet/dry vacuum or shop vac, then use a fan to dry out the area. You may want tp place something underneath where the fan will be placed so that nothing gets damaged by falling debris into them (make sure it doesn’t touch any electrical wires). It is also recommended that at least one person stays with this during its operation because there could potentially be flash fires caused by static electricity build-up around electronics such as televisions if they’re not properly grounded first before being plugged back into an outlet
Anti-bacterial sanitisation and odour control
- The use of anti-bacterial sanitisation and odour control is important for the prevention of mildew growth. Mildew spores are found in all kinds of environments, including water damaged homes or businesses. If these spores are not removed from your home or office, they can grow into mold colonies that will cause health issues such as allergies and asthma attacks.
- They also produce mildew odour which can be very unpleasant to have lingering around your home or business premises. Professional water damage restoration companies like us are well versed with how to remove these harmful spores from your property effectively so that no further damage takes place as a result of their growth!
- If you have a sewage problem in your home, it can be easily detected by checking toilets and drains. Sewage smells like rotten eggs or raw fish and tends to seep out through cracks in floors and walls.
- Regularly monitor moisture levels (using a hygrometer). Moisture levels will be higher than normal when you first move into a new house as there is still some moisture from construction still present.
- If you see excess moisture build-up during this period, take steps to reduce humidity such as using dehumidifiers or air conditioning units with built-in humidifiers. This procedure assists clients in learning more about the restoration programme and appreciating its importance.
Reporting and Insurance work
- If you have a water damage situation, contact our 24/7 emergency water damage service. They offer a specialized cleaning process to remove all of the contaminants, which may include mold and mildew as well as other dangerous materials.
- They can also help with insurance claims, reporting and any necessary repairs you may have. So, hire experienced Water damage Melbourne wide will be at your home to determine the best course of action for restoring your property following a water leak or flood event.