Storms resulting in flooding and mudslides are becoming a reoccurring threat to residents. Although you can prepare and mitigate damage to your property, sometimes circumstances beyond your control can necessitate the need for carpet cleaning flood damage restoration services.
Services To Help You Recover
Storm damage often results in a multitude of problems. We offer services that cover all of damages caused by storms. Here are some of the most common water damage Melbourne services a specialized team like us can handle.
- Roof Tarping. To prevent further water damage while your property is being repaired, we install roof tarps. Tarping is especially necessary if your roof has received significant damage from things like falling branches, high wind, or hail.
- Board Up Services. To protect your property from weather or looters, boarding up entry points may be a good strategy. We can provide this service before or after a storm.
Tips to help you recover after storm damage
A severe storm can change everything in the blink of an eye. It doesn’t always have to be a tornado or hurricane to cause destruction on your home or office, and poor restoration can leave you with an unhealthy home for your family. As challenging as recovery can be, you can take comfort in the fact that many have gone through similar experiences. This makes finding the direction you need a little easier. If you know what to expect and learn all you can before a storm hits, you’ll be more prepared to restore things to normal as quickly as possible.
Before inspecting the damage to your home keep 24/7 emergency flood carpet dryingsafety in mind:
- Watch out for hazards such as broken glass and exposed nails.
- Always assume that downed power lines are energized and dangerous. Stay at least 10 feet away and alert the police and utility company.
- When inspecting your home at night, use a flashlight instead of a candle (or anything with an open flame). This will alleviate the risk of a fire or explosion from a damaged gas line.
- If you do smell gas—or suspect a leak—shut off the main gas line, open the windows, and immediately go outside. Notify the gas company and the proper authorities of the situation and don’t return until they’ve deemed your home to be safe.
Review and Assess the Damage
Your roof is the most susceptible to costly damage. If a tree limb or other heavy debris fell on your roof during a storm, your home might have structural damage, so be cautious. Common signs of roof damage requiring help from a carpet cleaning flood damage expert are:
- Holes in the roof
- Split seams
- Missing shingles
- Bruises or dented asphalt shingles
- Cracked or broken tile, slate, or concrete shingles
- Granules collecting in gutters or downspouts
- Leaks in your roof or ceiling
- Dents on vents, gutters, or flashing
Windows and doors are vulnerable to wind damage and flying debris. Inspect your windows for cracks, holes, broken panes and damaged frames. Watch out for shards of glass, and be sure to board up broken windows until they can be fixed.