Whether your water heater or pipe has caused a leak, has rained through a hole in your roof, the wet carpet Melbourne service should be used as soon as possible. Allowing wet carpet to remain soaked leads to numerous problems, including fibre deterioration, organic deterioration, intense dirt, mold, and an unpleasant odour that may never go away. If you have a carpet soaked, smelly and stained, you have a big problem in your hands.
There are many issues you may get in your carpet if your carpet has become wet,
Issues you may face after the carpet became wet:
- Deterioration of the fibre
As the carpet continues to store water, damage to the structure of its fibres is inevitable. Not only do the fibres deteriorate, but the entire carpet can be more loosened or deformed.
- Organic decay
One of the problems with wet carpets that have been allowed to sit for a while is that organic decomposition occurs. This is the breakdown of all the accumulated dirt and debris. As the organic matter decomposes, it produces exhaust gases that you will recognize immediately due to the strong odour.
Carpets that are attached to the floor run the risk of delamination after the carpet was soaked. The longer the carpet stays soaked, the greater the risk of the glue breaking. Soon, the glue that holds the backrest will fail and disintegrate.
Mold growth is a serious concern when floods occur. Mold spores are everywhere, inside and outside, waiting for the perfect environment to grow. Their wet carpet gives them that atmosphere. In fact, it does not take long before the mold takes control; if you don’t think about any wet carpet drying Melbourne service.
- Heavy Dirt
Another problem occurs with wet carpets – heavy dirt. Even if the water that soaked the carpet was clean water, if the carpet is not cleaned and dried properly, heavy dirt pokes its ugly head. Not only stains are unsightly, but a very dirty carpet is also a carpet of unpleasant smell.
Now, don’t delay to repair the carpet as quickly as possible and treat the wet carpet even if you have to do the replacement, dry or clean.
Right procedure to dry the wet carpet
- If you are facing the problem of the wet carpet issues, the first thing is to take it to the outside area of the house, that is, change it from the wet area to a drier place where no more damage can be caused.
- Be careful not to prick your skin with those carpet studs while pulling the carpet from wall to wall. It is likely that such skin wounds put you at greater risk of contracting infectious diseases.
- If your carpet is wet and, therefore, heavy, lift it off the floor and place it on old chairs or other supports to drain. But if it turns on, move it outside to drain it. It is not recommended to leave it on the chair.
- Try and remove the spongy pad under the carpet that is wet. This is what retains the water and gives rise to the stench. Remember that carpet padding is cheaper to replace than carpet; it probably is not rescued.
- Try cleaning a carpet stuck in place before attempting to remove it with a wet, dry vacuum to extract the water. And only after you have taken the carpet and pad, should you clean the floors with a solution of detergent and bleach before dealing with soaked carpet.
The important point to consider is toseeking wet carpet drying professionalin Melbourne help. They clean your flooded or wet carpet professionally if possible and available. Consult a professional cleaner, describing the damage of your wet carpet.