Wet carpet is a serious problem. If left unattended, it can lead to mold and mildew growth and other health risks. Professional carpet cleaners have the tools and knowledge to restore your carpet to its former glory, but you do need to do a little bit of research before hiring one. Here are some things you should consider when looking for a wet carpet drying Melbourne service:
Determine the Age of Your Carpet
The first thing you will have to determine is the age of your carpet. As we mentioned above, carpet isn’t like a forever investment—it can start to show wear and tear after some time. Carpet that is 5 years old or younger is less likely to be damaged by water and will likely last longer before needing replacement. But if your carpet has been around for more than 15 years, it may not be worth repairing when it becomes damaged by water.
Check the Quality of Your Carpet
Before you begin to look for a carpet dry service, it is important to make sure that your carpet is clean and ready for its new life. The following checklist should help you prepare:
- Clean the Carpet. Your carpets should be clean, stain-free and free of debris. You may want to hire a professional cleaning service if they have not been cleaned recently or if you have pets or children in the home who might make messes on them frequently.
- Mold/Mildew Free. Mold/mildew is one of the biggest causes of staining in carpets and can lead to moldy odors as well! Make sure that any current mold problems have been removed by using an effective spot cleaner before moving on with this process (we recommend our own Spot It All Floor Cleaner). If there are any remaining stains after cleaning them off, consider bringing in a professional carpet cleaner who can help remove even more stubborn stains than what could possibly be done at home alone!
- Pet Hair Free: Pets shed fur constantly which can stick onto fabrics such as clothing when worn regularly but also gets trapped inside furniture such as sofas where people sit down all day long causing buildup over time which leads us into being able to see how important it really is to vacuum often enough so as not only keep up appearances but also clean up after ourselves properly too!
Check the Type of Water Damage
It is important to fully understand the cause of the water damage before you start trying to fix it. Here are some common causes of water damage:
- Roof leaks or broken pipes
- Flooding from storms, hurricanes and other severe weather conditions (if this is the case, your flooring may need to be replaced)
- Damage from flooding caused by burst water lines in your basement or crawl space (if this is the case, your flooring may need to be replaced)
Call an Emergency Service
If the water damage is too severe and you are in an emergency situation, call a professional carpet cleaning company. An expert carpet cleaner can help dry wet carpets quickly. A well-established company will have the right equipment to do so and be able to assess damage before making a judgment as to whether or not it’s safe for carpets to remain in place while they dry.
Professionals can help you restore your carpet.
Professional carpet cleaning services can help you restore your carpet. They will be able to examine the condition of your carpet, and determine the best way to clean it in order to remove stains and keep it looking new. They can also help you restore your carpets back to their original color; this is especially important if there are discolored areas on your carpet due to pets or other materials.
Professional cleaners often use special equipment that allows them access deep into the fibers of your rug, allowing them to remove dirt from all areas of the rug without damaging it like a regular vacuum cleaner would do over time. This can save you money down the road because professional cleaners will know exactly how much pressure they should use when cleaning each type of material so that everything cleans properly without causing any damage (and making sure no one gets hurt!).
Don’t worry if you have never hired a wet carpet drying Melbourne service before. Just keep in mind that when it comes to hiring professionals, it pays to do your research! With this guide, we hope that you will be able to make an informed decision about what kind of service suits your needs best.