It could be heartbreaking to know that your carpet got water damaged. Whatever the reason for water damage may be moisture and water are the worst enemies of the carpet. The carpets are highly absorbent, which is even more difficult to get rid of the water and moisture off of it effectively using the DIY methods. The wet carpet cleaning in Melbourne service is the ultimate saviour of your carpet.
Carpets are indeed a luxury of the home indeed, having said that this luxury could cost the health of you and your loved ones. Apart from the monetary disadvantages of cleaning the wet carpet all by yourself, here are some more disadvantages related to the health of your loved ones. You surely would want to read further to understand the importance of getting these water damaged carpets cleaned professionally.
Health Hazards of The Water Damaged Carpet:
- Mould and Mildew Growth is one of the most infamous scenarios that every homeowner has to come across when any of the surfaces are left moisture-laden or wet for more than the expected time period. The mould and mildew gradually make these surfaces their home, and this is where all the dangers start swirling.
- With the growth of the mould and mildew, the mould spores start spreading in the indoor atmosphere. This is where all the trouble begins; these spores are the reason for many of the health issues that your loved ones would start experiencing.
- Allergies! We all want to stay away from all the potential things that could trigger our allergies or make them worse. Well, your water damaged carpet has made it to the list of these potential things. Inhalation of these spores would cause an allergic reaction; as a result, you would experience sneezing, congestion, coughing, watery and itchy eyes, throat irritation, sinus congestion, and even allergic skin rashes.
- It worsens respiratory conditions. Once you inhale the spores, it would induce bronchial contractions in your lungs. Unlike the experiences in an allergic reaction, the effects would be slightly serious and even worse in some cases. It included shortness of breath, chest tightness, and severe asthma attacks. It can even cause permanent deterioration of the airways and lungs.
- Apart from the lung-related issues, your skin would experience a setback when it comes in contact with the carpet. It would result in an allergic reaction on the skin after the contact, causing skin disorders, skin rashes, and eczema. The irritation and swelling caused due to allergic reactions are quite noticeable and uncomfortable.
- Neurological Health Problems – this is one of the most unexpected and critical effects of prolonged exposure to mould and mildew spores. As a result of which the affected person would experience memory loss, mood swings, chronic fatigue, dementia, and debilitating migraines. All of which tends to worsen with time.
Well, you surely would not want to put your loved ones through all these, so get the professional wet carpet cleaning in Melbourne done as soon as you realise that your carpet is water damaged.